Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Pioneer Woman: Revisited.


Look what arrived in the mail the other day from my amazing sister from New York City....THE PIONEER WOMAN COOKBOOK!!!  (THANK YOU RHESA!!) Now I know all you faithful readers out there (I seriously doubt I really have "faithful readers" but it just sounds so cool so I had to say it) are wondering "What in the world?!?!  I thought Carissa hated The Pioneer Woman!!"  You may have seen  this post on my feelings of inadequacy as a mother after checking out Ree Drummond's (aka The Pioneer Woman) blog/website.  I said I would never check her blog again.  I lied people. 

the truth: I do check her blog occasionally and now I love it.  WHY?  Because we love all the same things: photography, cooking, and being a mom.  I am convinced that we would be fast friends if we lived in the same town.  PLUS...And this is BIG news people....my bf Bethany met the Pioneer Woman and I told her to ask her when she sleeps.  She informed Bethany that she DOES NOT, I repeat...she DOES NOT do her own laundry.  AAAAHHHHH...everyone can sigh a huge sigh of relief because that explains it all.  I am quite sure that I could run an award winning website, write a New York Times best-selling cookbook, AND be a world class photographer while simutlaneously homeschooling my four perfect children IF I did not have to do my own laundry. (Please note the sarcasm here).  However, it does make me feel at least a little bit better about myself to know that she can't handle doing her own laundry....MAYBE SHE IS HUMAN!  So that was the turning point for me.  I now love the Pioneer Woman.  She is just so darn likeable!  Plus, those Photography tutorials, tips, and ideas and scrumptious recipes are just so stinkin' tantalizing.  I couldn't stay away for forever.

the plan: Start cooking the ridiculously yummy recipes from my new PW cookbook (starting with the desserts of course because we all know that dessert is THE MOST IMPORTANT part of every meal) and be prepared to throw a huge feast for my sister of all PW Cookbook recipes when she comes to visit us in July. 

So I just have one question:  Who wants to come over for dinner ?!?! :)

8 comments:

  1. Well, I guess it's time for me to come out of the closet...I have secretly loved The Pioneer Woman for about a year now! Yes, I said it, I have been checking her blog a few times a week for quite a while now! At first her homeschooling and yogurt making and overall overacheivment was annoying as I can't seem to daily take a shower, but the truth is...she has my life (just a few years before me!) I mean, come on, the cowboy, the ranch, the horses, the cooking, the traveling,... So now we just have one more thing to talk about and I can stop keeping it a secret from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her recipes are AMAZING. I am obsessed with the cookbook and her recipes on line. I recommend her chicken spaghetti with pound cake for dessert. Glad you finally came out of the closet C.
    PS: She DOES do her own laundry...just HATES to do it, so it doesn't get done that often! BUT she did admit to having help around the house...so it's the same as someone doing your laundry!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. try the "spreads" they are amazing. my husband and i are in love with them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allison makes the olive bread and it's delicious! I have yet to make a recipe, but it makes for cute decor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tell us when to show up. We'll be glad to be your "testers"!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're game anytime you want to try out something new!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Food?? I'm there. I'll let you know next time we're in town :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I REALLY want this cookbook. We have decided to not spend any "extra" money until after we move into our new house but man is it tempting to go guy it. :) Please let us know what you think when you start cooking.

    ReplyDelete