Monday, November 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Emmy Grace

My baby girl turned three this past weekend. I can hardly believe that it has already been three years ago that she came into this world. What a blessing she has been to our lives. I was one of those moms who never thought they wanted or needed a little girl. Give me sports, fights, and dirtiness anyday over drama, dress-up, and PMS'ing. That's the way I thought. I always said I wanted four boys....NO girls. I was a tomboy....I never played with dolls. I climbed trees, played in the woods, and had a scab collection with my bestfriend Lauri growing up (Yes, we saved ALL of our scabs and believe me, there were plenty of them). When I found out I was having a girl, I was actually disappointed. Now I look at my beautiful, precious daughter and realize what a gift from God she is. Even though I didn't think I wanted a girl, He gave me the most amazing, sweet, and beautiful little girl. Now I realize that my life would not have been complete without her.

Emmy Grace,

I love you with a love that is unfathomable. You will never begin to understand the love that I have for you until you hold your beautiful daughter in your arms one day. I love your voice...how it is the perfect blend of Southern Belle with just a tad bit of nasality. It literally makes every single thing that comes out of your mouth absolutely adorable. I love how you say "Sanks mom" instead of thanks, "Everysing" instead of everything, and "peet" for feet. I love how when you wake up you crawl in bed with me and curl your body up next to mine so tightly. I love how every morning you tell me, "Mommy, I can't see so well without my glasses." I love how when I put them on your face you scrunch your nose up and push your glasses up on your face then you look up at me like you are seeing me for the first time ever and say, "Sanks Mom." I love how you are so easygoing and content. You love playing whatever your brother wants you to play and are content to be ANY character that he ever wants you to be while playing pretend Star Wars with him...even if it's Yoda or some other ugly creature. I love when you sing. I love how sensitive you are. I love how when you get upset you say, "That makes me angry" or "That makes me so, so sad." I love your curls. More specifically, I love the one little ringlet that frames your face just perfectly. I love everything about you, baby girl. You are and always will be my "Little Momma."

Here are some facts about you at this age:
Favorite Movie: Little Mermaid
Favorite Song: Little Mermaid songs
Favorite tv show: Dora the Explorer
Favorite toys: anything animal (My Little Pony, Littlest Pet Shop, stuffed animals), also baby dolls, and you loved to read books
Favorite activity: Going to the zoo
Clothes size: 3T
Height: 38 1/2 inches (80th percentile)
Weight: 35 pounds (90th percentile)
You aren't going to school right now...you did last year but this year you are staying at home with momma. You started dance and absolutely LOVE it. You are so kind and thoughtful and every week you pick a flower to take to your dance teacher, Mrs. Jennifer at Jenks Dance Academy.

1 comment: